Sunday, December 30, 2012

Family Room Makeover (Part 8)

We had such a wonderful Christmas.  It FLEW by this year, which every year seems to go by faster and faster, but it was such a fabulous Christmas season for my little family.  I enjoyed more then ever, seeing family, spending time together, and really just watching my children enjoy the season.

We got the mantel done just in-time for Christmas!
I was able to clean up the room, roll the carpet back out, clean everything really well, and invite family over to enjoy the new addition to our home.

I want to get right to it so here is the before and after.
If you want to click back to where we started and scroll through the process
click HERE

And here is the same room with the mantel, new window, and opening into the sitting room.
Much brighter and I think the smartest thing we did, was open up the two rooms.  
It now seems like a spacious, open room.
And, to be honest...I LOVE IT!

Now obviously, we still have work to do and I have more in-store for this room.
This next weekend we are going to get working on it again.
Planked walls and Coffered ceiling are in the plans.

Until then, here are some more pictures of our work :)
Side view...I looove that I have a place for our favorite books and blankets.

And on the other side of the mantel is our reading and game nook.

I had a great time decorating my new mantel for Christmas. Bensen had to help and insisted that I put the Santa hat on top of the little fake pine tree that I found at IKEA.
If you like the sweater Christmas stockings I made, click HERE for the tutorial on how I made them.


And I don't want to forget my other favorite part.
I bought a fan kit for our fireplace, and Cory installed it.
Installation wasn't as easy as we thought it was going to be. Only because it was hard to get the 4 fans installed into that squishy, dark place.
But never fear, Cory is here!
That really is how I think, cause he figures out everything!


Look close and you can see the first installed fan.
There is a sensor that sticks to the bottom of the fireplace and once it hits a certain temperature the fans automatically turn on.  Then the hot air gets blown out by the 4 fans.
it's totally rad.

I really do hope your Holiday season was amazing and you made many lasting memories with those who are special to you.

Happy New Year!
Jill


1 comment:

Randy said...

I love it!! Now I want one in my house :) If we ever get around to it we'll be sure to ask you for tips.

Glad you had a great Christmas. Wish we could've seen you, and everyone! Lots of love from Maryland!!