Sunday, December 16, 2012

Family Room Makeover (Part 7)

Week 7...
and I'm ready for this project to be wrapped up.  
Let's be honest. 
My front room has been a wreck since before Thanksgiving and I'm kinda ready for our family gathering place to be a place that we can gather again!

We are sooooo close.
We got the mantel on this week.
And it was no easy task.
We had to special order the molding, because Lowe's and Home Depot didn't have the look that I wanted. So we ordered it and when it came we tried it out.
Unfortunetly, it wasn't good.  I needed a bigger, thicker molding piece.
It just about took all the talking I had to convince Cory to wait and buy more molding (that would take 3 days to be delivered from Salt Lake) just to try out and see if it was a better fit.
Patience is not Cory's middle name.
But he agree'd and we stopped building and waited hoping it was what I, I mean we wanted.


We got the piece (delivered a day early!) and it ended up working out perfect.
(The brown molding piece is the piece we were waiting on)

Once we installed the mantel and agree'd on the way it looked ;) we leveled her out and installed it.



Next came the part that I definetly had been dreading and the part I know Cory wasn't so excited about.  
The Puttying and Sanding part.
Every nail hole, gap, and joint got a whole bunch of the putty on it.
Putty always leads to sanding.  Which means very dirty house and very sore arms.


 Still Sanding.

Once the sanding part was finally over.
PRIMER!

I knew once we got our first coat of Primer on, I would be able to see the vision come to life.
This vision.

This is after 2 coats of primer, and I couldn't be happier!



What do you think?
Yes I took all these pictures in the dark, so better pictures are to come.
But that will be next week when I do the big reveal.
Two coats of real paint this week and we are done with the mantel.
Can't wait to decorate this sucker.

Loves,
Jill





1 comment:

shamae said...

that mantle is absolutely amazing!!! Nice work