Sunday, December 9, 2012

Family Room Makeover (Part 6)

We are starting to see the light at the end of the mantel, I mean tunnel around here.

We left off with the fireplace and surround looking like this.


Cory got to work and installed all the major pieces, or the shell, and in no time it was done.
We ended that day with this big, boxy, wooden enclosure. 
I didn't like it so much because it wasn't doing my vision any justice.
But in no time we started transforming it...




And finally ending up with the personality of the surround installed.
Have I mentioned Cory is AMAZING yet? My friend asked me the other day if he is "for hire".  When I brought it up with him, thinking he might want to make a little extra cash, he said...             "are you kidding?? no way."


I see lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, of puttying, and sanding and priming and painting, and then more puttying, sanding and priming in our very, near future.
Wish us luck.

Loves,
Jill





1 comment:

amberdat said...

it's looking awesome. i love the weekly updates. will it be done by christmas? i would love to see the finished product in person! love these griffiths boys. they sure are handy :) .