Sunday, August 14, 2011

While the boys are away the Girls will play...

Father's and Son's campout was this past weekend.  I was excited to take Lily to buy a new school outfit, (since she is starting pre-school in a couple of weeks!) and I couldn't wait to tell her!  When Friday came and the boys were loading up to go camping, I told her that I was going to take her shopping and get her a special outfit and ride on the carousel at the mall, and buy some fries (she loves them!), and on and on I went.  After my big schpill she looked at me and said..."Mom, I can't go camping??" 

What can I say??? She takes after me.  Camping is a lot funner then shopping at the mall, but I couldn't exactly tell her that!  Everything worked out and we had a blast shopping together and riding the carousel and enjoying some "Girl Time".  I love this girl to pieces.  Her smile gives it all away...she had a blast!




We are a family of CURLY hair.  Not one person in our family has straight hair.  We go through A LOT of conditioner.  But today for church, and just for fun, I straightened my hair and Lily's hair too.  I love having a little girl to dress up and do her hair.  I actually don't get to do it "my" way very often.  She is quite opinionated and always has input regarding her outfits and hair.  Oh and have I mentioned that her outfits consist of swimming suits only?  She has it on before she even gets out of bed in the morning, and it is on until she goes to bed.  Ya never know when your gonna get wet I guess.



(Blurry phone pictures!!)
I am all done with my chandelier and my next post will be the reveal!
Loves,
Jill





2 comments:

Amber said...

I love girl time!! I can't wait to have a day like this with Macie! Your hair is super cute!

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

Those are darling pictures Jill! So cute and fun!