Monday, August 22, 2011

The Chandy is done!

It is done! It was a fun project and now is so happy in my Master Bedroom (and we are so happy to finally have a light in there again!)

This is what we had before.  Not to bad, and great for air circulation, but had to bail on it, cause it was definitely not in the ultimate plan!


I found this baby at a garage sale for $15.  I have been looking for a loooong time for a Chandy that I liked.

















So I got to work!  I primed it three times with a spray paint primer that I already had in the garage.
I then bought the "Heirloom White" spray paint from Home Depot, and sprayed it 2 times.  I realized that I loved the color, but not in my master bedroom (or house, really).  The color is more of an off-white color, and I am drawn to more of a true white (especially in my Master).  So, I went back to the store and bought a White spray paint, and went at it again.  I waited a day or so in between each coat, so it has taken me awhile to get this project done! Especially with all the fun summer stuff we've been doing.
After I got it painted the white that I liked, something still wasn't right!  It was just to perfect for my liking.  So I started to antique it.  I got a fine sandpaper and sanded every edge to see a little bit of the previous color pop through.

Here it is before the sandpaper technique:
And here it is after:
  
 Here she is after and hung!
 And here she is again! I know, I still have those stinking drapes and dark blinds.  
They will be gone someday soon! 
All in time right??
School starts tomorrow! And my 9 yr old is finally excited!

Loves, Jill





2 comments:

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

Jill! That is a work of art. I LOVE LOVE the white. Ry and I just got white tables in our living room cause it's such a fresh color. Brightens everything. You are so talented.

Bree D. said...

This turned out really cute! Next time we are over make sure you take me up to see it!!