Thursday, July 14, 2011

A glimpse into Zumba, and what I'm working on.

I am a huge FAN of the new fitness craze ZUMBA.  It actually has been around for 10 years now, but its finally to the point where just about everyone has heard of it.  I remember when I went the the IDEA Fitness Convention in 2006 and I walked by the ZUMBA booth.  I stopped, sat there and stared at the 3 beautiful presenters, and thought to myself..."My hips do not move like that!  I am through and through fitness."  
BUT...did I leave...nope.  I.stood.there.watching.  I was inspired, and I actually wanted to run right up there and join in. To be honest, if there was a crowd gathered I probably would have, but that was back when no one knew what Zumba was and most everyone who walked by that both at that Fitness Convention probably thought exactly the same thing I did.

I try not to let myself think of how great it would have been if I would of jumped on the wagon back then and how much further along I would be in my journey of ZUMBA etc etc. O'Well right??? Some times cold feet hold us back.  Well not anymore.  I jumped in and this year I got certified and I have been including Zumba in my classes! And I am having just as much fun as those 3 instructors were having that I passed by 5 years ago.
Check out this clip about Beto, the creator.  I love his story.
http://www.realamericanstories.com/the-zumba-fitness-craze/

SO, in my DIY life I am working on the chandelier that is to go in my Master Bedroom.  I bought it at a garage sell for $15 bucks a couple months ago.  Here she is all taped and ready for primer:
 And here she is after two coats of Primer.  The final color will be white, but I have plans to cover the chain and get her hung and turned on here in the next couple of days :)


Now its time to get my workout in.  Today...ride the bike; 30 min of Zumba; then finish with ABS and probably shoulders.
The kids and I are going horseback riding with Grandma Nicole and a whole bunch of cousins.  Can't wait for that!
Loves,
Jill

1 comment:

Megan said...

How do yo do it all, Jill? You're awesome! Also, I wish I had you around to get me into Zumba. Sounds like a good time!