Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sewing project...

Lily loves textures i've noticed as of late. She grabs anything and everything and wants to touch and feel everything. (This is way different from my boys!) So one day when I was carrying her and letting her drag her hand against the wall as I walked (our walls are texturized) I decided to make her a "texture blanket". So I headed to Wal-Mart and bought 5 different fabrics and cut them into squares, added some ribbons around the border to hook toys on to, added some soft mink fabric to the back and presto! I also made one for my good friend Chandy who just had a baby. Hers had a different pattern and turned out really cute. (I didn't post the picture cause I haven't given it to her yet!!)


Here is Lily loving her texture blanket! I love this age...so much life and personality!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Alayna and Matthew have always loved to feel things, too. Funny how some kids are like that. I LOVE your idea for a texture blanket; that is so creative, and it turned out beautifully, of course! Lily definitely looks thrilled with her gift! She's getting so big! What a sweetie.

Unknown said...

What a cute idea and it turned out really good! I wish I had some of your crafty genes :)

Kym + Marco said...

well apparently I was logged in under Marco's profile...

Bree D. said...

This is SO cute!!! I love it! I love that Asher is holding it for the picture and Lily's adorable little face as well!!

Krazy Keetch's said...

You always have the cutest ideas! I love that blanket you made..I'm very impressed! Lily is so beautiful.

amberdat said...

I love that blanket! The family that I nanny for has one for their little newborn and she loves it too. Yours turned out so cute. I especially love the brown. Lily is getting so big and beautiful. The lemon water helped a little... I didn't try the watermelon though because there really isn't watermelon in the stores here. I was starting to feel better last week but then I threw up again this week. Hopefully it goes away next week... I see the doctor tomorrow for an ultrasound.