Sunday, November 25, 2012

Family Room Makeover (Part 4)

The window is in!
Let's back up...

This is where it all began...Part 1

This is where we left off last week.


Let's start with the window
If you look closely you will see the holes around the framed in window that Cory drilled.  That was to give us reference marks so we could go on the outside to draw the lines of where we were going to cut the stucco.
We left a two inch border around the hole, so the stucco guy could come and replace the stucco and put the same trim around the windows that our other windows have. That is why there is two lines drawn.
We got rid of the fireplace piece, and then it was time to saw. 
Cory bought a new saw blade to do this but it wasn't enough.  We had to call our neighbor to come over with his saws-all to help us get through all the layers of the house.
I left to do carpool and some errands and came home to success! A big hole in my house!
Here you can see Cory installing the fireplace flu thingy.

A couple of screws and some caulking and it was ready for stucco.


 I thought this was a fun view of the outside and inside of my house all in one shot.

Here is the view with hole cut. So much light! I love it.
Before the window:

View from the hall by my front door pre-window
 


View after.
My goal of an open flowing space is coming together.
One step at a time.


Stay tuned for the outside stucco repair and more sheetrock pictures coming soon. (maybe this week if I can get to it)

Loves,
Jill










No comments: