Sunday, November 18, 2012

Family Room Makeover (Part 3)

Lots of progress this week, which makes me oh so happy!!

This is where we ended up.
Sheetrock off, 2x4's exposed.  Those white pipes to the left are the hot and cold pipes from the bathroom directly upstairs.  We didn't open the wall any further so we wouldn't have to pay or mess with those white pipes.  If you see to the left of the white pipes a dark black pipe.  That was actually the pipe we thought we were going to find in the middle of the wall, so when we got the sheetrock off and there was no black pipe we were SOOOOO HAPPPPPPPY!  It all worked our perfect because our barn doors are each going to be 3 ft wide (= 6ft wide opening) and so we didn't need to move those white pipes. PHEW                     (move any pipes = $$$$)

This is the other wall where the fireplace is going to go.

We ripped off the sheetrock, and right away I got to taping what my mantel would look like on the wall.  To my hubbie's dismay, I am ALL Visual.  If I can't see it, I can't give it the final approval.  It's really hard to look at a blank wall and visualize 3-D objects that aren't really there. With me?  
So this is what I did.
 
Doesn't that help?
Here's another.

Can't you just visualize where the other window on the left is going to be? Good it was already framed in so I could visualize it ;)

Before the framer could come we had to move the gas line.  I hired out someone to do the actual cutting and moving of the pipe, but Cory and I decided to cut the subfloor and get it ready to reroute to save $$. 
This picture still freaks me out.
I think I was slightly freaked out because I could see the beams, insulation from the floor and the whole idea of compromising the sub-floor made me have to leave the room for a sec.  But like always it didn't stop us from DIourselves and we moved on!
The framer came and framed in the fireplace and installed the beam in about 5 hours.  He was fast and did a great job.  If you need a framer lmk and I'll give you his info.
And here is the room from the soon to be living room.
There is the framed in fireplace!
Can't wait for the window to be in, that's coming next week!

Have an amazing Thanksgiving and hug and kiss all those you care about.
That's my plan.
So look out to all my family that I love!
Loves,
Jill


















No comments: