Monday, December 5, 2011

Easy DIY ornaments!

I have finished the ornaments, and I am on to making 5 new Christmas stockings! (It's amazing what you can accomplish, when you get released from your church calling :)

But I wanted to post these ornaments before I get any further on my stockings...
These are super easy and look amazing on the tree...
What you need:

Any color glitter glue.  I wanted mine to match my tree, so I went with the silver glitter.  I found mine at JoAnn's in Orem.


Next you need the ornaments:
Again I bought mine at JoAnn's and they were on sale.  I can't remember the exact price but one package was for sure under $5.00

Next: I took the top off, and stuck my finger in the hole.  I grabbed the glitter glue and made little swirls all over the ornament.  I didn't follow any certain pattern. 

Then I placed them upside down to dry.  It took the glitter glue a full day to dry.

Then I replaced the tops, added a hook and hung them on the tree!  So easy and super affordable!
I love the way the glitter sparkles when the lights reflect off of it.  We have a kids tree upstairs that has red ornaments and I'm thinking this would be so fun with red glitter glue...

I'm going to start posting some of my favorite healthy recipes that I feed my family, in a tab up top labeled recipes so look for that to come soon :)

Loves,
Jill

No comments: