Friday, October 7, 2011

A Vintage Fall and Yummy recipe...

I love Fall and all it brings. 
I'm sure my Fall fav's are probably yours to so I won't go over all of them, BUT one that I cannot resist sharing is the Absolute beauties around me.  
I love photography and taking pictures.  
I'm for sure NOT a pro or even close to my amazingly talented SUU roomate Angie, 
find her here Simplicity Photography 
or talented like my other amazing SUU rommate Kari who is amazing as well and her blog is here www.karidavisphotography.com 
But I sure love to shoot and enjoy everything about photography (even the editing!).

Monday we took our annual drive up the canyon and I was once again amazed at all the color up AF canyon right now.  It is breathtaking!
(I figured out how to save my "actions" in Photoshop! So I saved a setting and called it vintage and applied it to the following pic's)

 (no vintage action on this next one)


Seriuosly, if your ever in Utah during the fall, the mountains are a must on the destination list!

Also I wanted to share one of my FAVORITE and easy recipes.
It is also Gluten and Dairy Free as well, which is perfect for my two kiddo's with intolerances.

Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
Serving size 6
6 Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c honey
1/2 c prepared mustard
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dried parsley
(I usually double the ingredients so I have lots of sauce)


Salt and pepper thawed chicken halves.  Mix all ingredients together.  Put chicken in crock-pot and pour over chicken. Bake on High 4 hours or LOW 6 hours.  Serve warm.

For my family, I serve the chicken over rice, or I'll cook up some sweet potatoes to serve on on the side.  Since I try to keep as much white flour and starch out of my diet as possible, I just end up putting my portion over spinach and having a spinach salad which is my FAVORITE!

I hope you are all enjoying this amazing time of year!
(Blogger has been on the fritz lately.  This post took me 5 days to post! rrrrr.)

Loves,
Jill



No comments: