Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yes she's 1

Well it happened. May 31st came. I know that this day is usually a day for balloons and excitement, good food,celebration, lots of singing, and of course cute shirts that say "I'm ONE" on them.
Nonetheless, I tried to sail through May 31 as if it was a normal day. I am not to excited to allow my Lily to move into the next year of life. Silly I know. I ended up the next day having a little bit of a celebration (really, I couldn't do anything more, I don't think I would of made it through composed)
Why was it such a struggle? Well...
It seems like yesterday I was in the hospital and enjoying our precious time together...you were so little and new. Time stood still for a few months while we got to know one another.

Then of course life catches up and I blinked a few times and look what happened! You have grown and are now a beautiful little girl.

You are outgoing and adventurous, and always looking for fun.

You sure love your dad.


You got a little baby doll from Bree and the girls.


You enjoyed every bit of your gluten free, diary free cupcake.

And even though I was quite sad to see you turn one, I am pretty excited to see what this year has in store for you! We will celebrate your next BD the real way!
I Love You Lils!

6 comments:

Bree D. said...

Happy Birthday Lily!! I will be excited for her!!!! I can understand you not wanting her to grow up too fast but she is now just starting into my favorite stage! She is so cute and I hope to see her carrying around her baby all wrapped up, we will get the girls together to play house soon!!

Amber said...

She is beautiful. I am so glad that we were able to join you for her birthday celebration. She sure did love that cupcake!

Randy said...

Oh, she is so beautiful! It is crazy how fast this past year has gone. Happy Birthday Lily!

Kym + Marco said...

I love that last pic of the two of you. You seem to share a special bond with that little girl. Happy birthday Lily!!

Jennifer said...

Cute little Lily! I love the picture of you and she together at the end of your post. Daughters are so precious. It was great to run into you guys at the hospital last week! We need to get together so I can feel normal again! Love you all!

Stacey said...

yea for 1!! But sometimes I hate to see them grow and get bigger. It's like you laid them down small and they woke up huge!! We still need to have a Betty Reunion!