Thursday, August 7, 2008

Blessing...and Almond Milk!


This picture is one that I took on Lily's two month birthday. I decided to make a first year book for her and every month take special pictures and journal her progress along with her weight etc. It will be a great keepsake!
So it has been a little stressful at our house, as I have been trying to figure out how to prepare for a blessing lunch/dinner for 80 people! Thank you to everyone who has agree'd to bring a salad or dish for me. We are excited that Lily and Ruby (her cousin who is 1 week and 4 days younger) will be blessed on the same day in our ward. We are sad that Randy and Megan are moving away, but we will be patient and Lily and Ruby will become good friends when they move back!

I am still trying to figure out Lily's tummy problems. So far I have eliminated Diary, Wheat/Gluten, and Corn from my diet. So right now I am loving salad and chicken. A lot of salad and chicken. I was blog jumping the other day and got on Brock and Katy's blog and she had a link to a gluten-free website which has been so fun for me to read and get recipe idea's. Bensen has also had the same (minus the corn) allergies/intolerances since birth. And it is not easy feeding a 2 almost 3 year old that type of a diet. We have maintained though and we give a lot of money to Good Earth! Oh and Thank Goodness for Almond Milk!!! He goes through a carton a day of that stuff and it is actually pretty good for him. He (and now me), probably have one of the best diets around, considering everything we eat is natural and includes lots of fruits and veggies. And I have found a fix for my love of chocolate. I never thought I would be able to enjoy dark chocolate, but when there's a need for sugar you get desperate and I now like it!
Gotta run, I'll post again soon...

5 comments:

Bree D. said...

BEAUTIFUL picture of Lily!!! I feel like I haven't seen her in ages! Can't wait to be among the numbers at your house this weekend for such a wonderful occasion! Good luck with the allergies, one of the things I am SO thankful not to have to deal with, but you handle it so well!!!

Kym + Marco said...

Jill that picture is gorgeous!! We'll have to get together so I can grab some portrait tips. I can't believe how much she has changed since I saw her last!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! That picture is absolutely gorgeous! She's growing up so fast already! Her blessing was so wonderful today. It was great to see you guys! Sorry about the diet and allergy stuff--glad you can at least have some dark chocolate! I definitely couldn't give that up, either!

Amber said...

Your Lily is so beautiful! I love the idea of a book for her, it will be wonderful! Good luck with that diet! I am sure it must be hard trying to figure out what is wrong! I hope you find out soon!! I am so excited about Lily's dress! I can't believe you are doing that! We will have to get a picture of the two of us in our matching dresses.

Landon, Amanda & Ruby... said...

Jill.. I think it is crazy that you have a lilly and a ruby in your family and so do I.. and they are cousin in my family too.. wicked crazy..the baby is sure cute..
amanda