Thursday, September 17, 2009

BUDGETS are possible!



So I decided that I was spending more then I should be lately. I have been trying to decide what to do about it, and as Cory and I go back and forth on a couple of different things in our life, one is for certain.
We are frivolously SPENDING too much money!
So this month I have cut down as much excess spending as much as possible. (Which of course meant avoid stores at ALL costs...sorry Wal-Mart).
And to my surprise that has been a huge help!
So I thought I would share some steps that I took to stay within my BUDGET.
1) My PANTRY has good stuff! I decided to look to my pantry for recipe ideas.
If I already have some of the ingredients, its less that I need to buy. (Which meant I had to finally use that can of cooked spinach I've had for awhile...)
2) Go to the store 1 time through-out the week. This meant shopping in my Pantry on Sunday evening, and then Monday morning preparing a small Grocery List of things I will need for the week.
3) Stop checking my daily "SPAM" emails that make me want to SPEND...like the one I just deleted from the GAP that had a 40% of coupon attached...DELETE!
4) And last but not least...AVOID all stores at ALL costs! (Even if I have a COUPON!) I'm not going in there!
So here's to my successful couple of weeks of spending less...It feels great! And I plan on continuing my Savvyness!
*Oh and I have only run 4 miles, with a spin class and weight class this week. I have a run coming up today and Saturday so I better get it on! Loves, Jill

3 comments:

Amber said...

That is so funny cause I got that same email from the GAP as well with the 40% discount. It's so hard not to spend anything if you open it up so I did the exact same thing this morning... delete!!! Love that. Yahoo for budgets. Trace and I have had one since we got married and they are wonderful. It totally helps you with not spending more than you should... but in our case it's different cause we CAN'T spend it!! Good work on saving the dough!

Kym + Marco said...

Good work on your budgeting. We have been saving a lot recently just by eating in more. We tend to get lazy and just grab take out, I was amazed to see how much we save by just dining in.
P.S. I love how you stated that you only ran four miles this week. ONLY four miles?!? If I even attempted four miles, Marco would have to carry me home!!

Stacey said...

I'm right there with you! We have lived with my parents now for a month and somehow I'm spending more money and not saving any! It's to rediculous and time to stop! Thanks for the inspirations!!