Thursday, January 1, 2009

Holiday Highlights...

We had a great Christmas Holiday this year. It was great having everyone off school and work (even though I was a little nervous about me really enjoying this) and enjoying a whole bunch of time together!

This year Christmas was special to me. We took time to learn as a family the true meaning of Christmas and talked a lot about the Savior and how Christmas is special because He was born on that day. And because of Him we are all able to become better people. It is very sacred when you see the click in a child's eye's of that wonderful blessing and I know Asher is more aware of Him now.
We read in the bible, and tried to give the kiddos a real life account of the nativity story. All in all, there was definetly a special spirit hanging out at my house over the holiday.

Shaner, me and Lily


I made a special Christmas Eve dinner. We had ham, sweet potatoes
corn, spinach salad and apple pie (for Cory), oreo pudding pie (for Asher),
and Dairy Free and Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie for Bens and I. (Yes it sounds
bad but turned out great!)

The Sunday before Christmas we went over to my mom's
and had a Christmas Party. Asher loves space and was totally
excited about this moon that lights up and shows the lunar phases...


On Christmas Eve we went sledding. Cory was fabulous and sat in the truck with
Lily so I could ride with the boys...we had a blast (even if our sled was broken)


Santa gave Asher this Star Wars Lego set. He also got the cowboy
hat and guns. He's so funny...


Asher put the hat on Lily and she was actually quite happy with it on...


On Christmas Day after opening presents we spent the rest of the day with Cory's
Family opening presents and of course eating! We have such a great time together -
I love his family!


And Last but not least Cory's favorite present! He bought (2) 4-wheelers for Christmas.
One to fit Asher and one a little bigger that he can ride. They have had so much fun on
them and Asher is really good and driving his. It fits him perfect as you can see from the picture
and he loves the helmet! (Good Thing)



I hope you all had a fab. Christmas and enjoyed some down-time.
-Jill

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful post! We have been trying to focus on Christ more for Christmas, too, and it's really neat to see how the kids are grasping the true meaning. Looks like you guys had lots of fun--it was great to see you a few times over the break!
Love you guys!

Bethany said...

I love the Christmas photos. I can't believe Asher is big enough for a four wheeler. When I saw it at your house, I couldn't believe how big it was. I bet he'll be a pro by the time summer gets here. I forgot to tell you guys thanks so much for the Christmas present. We are using it tomorrow night. THANKS!!!

Amber said...

I love how much your kids learned about Christ this year... it's always hard when they're so excited about presents! The four wheelers are awesome! Go Asher for learning how to ride them so quick!! Your Christmas Eve dinner sounded amazing and I wish I could have some right now!!

Landon, Amanda & Ruby... said...

your family is so cute.. How old is your brother? we have to get together soon.. amanda